These are perfect for birthday parties, or for packing to take along camping or boating, or extra good warm from the oven, with a tall glass of milk.
You can also make some fancy M&M Ice Cream Sandwiches by sandwiching some old fashioned vanilla ice cream between two of these cookies! Wrap in wax paper and store in the freezer until you are ready to serve.
Easy to make, and you can change up the types of chocolate you add to create your own favorite chocolate chip cookie.
I'm bringing a batch of these into the office tomorrow - perfect with a cup of hot coffee to start a rainy day! And it is amazing how fast M&M cookies tend to disappear!
- Underbake the cookies - they will continue to cook on the baking sheets when you remove them from the oven.
- The cornstarch makes an amazing difference to cookie dough - leaving cookies soft, thick and puffy.
- Use more brown sugar than white sugar - cookies are moister and will remain softer over time, due to the presence of molasses in the brown sugar - and they are extra chewy with the brown sugar.
- Chill the dough overnight before baking, and use parchment paper or silpat on your baking sheets - this keeps the cookie from spreading as much and they tend to bake up much thicker when the dough is chilled.
- On the other hand, if you want a thinner, crispier cookie, don't chill the dough as much - but I'd still recommend the parchment paper.