How do you make Ultimate Rice Krispies Bars even better? Start with the best recipe for Ultimate Rice Krispies Treats - bakery-style, super thick, soft and gooey with extra marshmallows in every bite. Then dip them in a silky smooth chocolate topping - either chocolate-butterscotch-peanut butter or white chocolate, drizzle with colorful chocolate and sprinkled with Valentine sprinkles - the Ultimate Valentine Rice Krispies Treats!
I kid you not - I saw something similar at our local market - six tiny treats for ten dollars - and about fainted from the shock. I can't believe anyone would pay that much for something that is so easy, so fast, and so much fun to make at home! My little ones just LOVE helping to make these treats. Perfect for Valentine parties big and small!
START WITH ULTIMATE RICE KRISPIES BARS.
So much better than the recipe on the box - and so simple to make! Stovetop or in the microwave, these are loaded with melted mini-marshmallows, and the flavor level is kicked up with the addition of pure vanilla extract and a tiny bit of kosher salt - you'll be amazed! Stir in Rice Krispies Cereal and even more mini-marshmallows.
You'll have two-inch thick soft and chewy, bakery-style Ultimate Rice Krispies Bars. Perfect all by themselves, but let's take them to Valentine level!
FUDGY TOPPING FOR ULTIMATE RICE KRISPIE BARS:
EASY & FUN TO MAKE & DECORATE!
Once you've dipped the tops of these thick Ultimate Rice Krispies Treats in your favorite silky and creamy chocolate topping, drizzle with colorful chocolate and sprinkle with your favorite Valentine's sprinkles or candy toppings. Chopped up Reese's Peanut Butter Cups or Snickers make these extra-special! Could anything be easier or more delicious?
A FEW LITTLE TRICKS:
ULTIMATE RICE KRISPIES TREATS:
10 tablespoons unsalted butter
20 cups mini marshmallows (divided)
1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
½ teaspoon kosher salt
12 cups Rice Krispies cereal
3/4 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips (Ghirardelli or other good quality)
3/4 cup butterscotch chips
¼ cup creamy peanut butter
1 cup white chocolate (Ghirardelli or other good quality)
Wilton Candy Melts
Valentine Sprinkles, Mini-M&Ms
HOW I MAKE THESE:
1. PREPARE KRISPIE BARS: Line a 9x13-inch pan with parchment paper or foil (with overhang on all sides of pan); spray with non-stick cooking spray; set aside.
2. In a large non-stick stockpot or Dutch oven, melt the butter and 16 cups (680g) of mini marshmallows over low heat, stirring occasionally, just until the marshmallows are melted. Remove pan from heat. Stir in the vanilla extract and salt.
3. With a wooden spoon, stir in the Rice Krispies and mix until the cereal is evenly coated.
4. With a wooden spoon, stir in the remaining 4 cups mini marshmallows.
5. Pour the mixture into the prepared pan as evenly as you can. Spray the bottom of a large spatula with non-stick spray and press the mixture firmly into an even layer.
6. Keep at room temperature for an hour. Using the edges of the parchment paper or foil, pullup and remove the treats from the pan.
7. Spray a large knife with non-stick cooking spray and cut treats into 24 large squares.
8. PREPARE CHOCOLATE TOPPING: For White Chocolate, melt in microwave in a small microwave-safe bowl at 50% power in 1 minute increments, stirring between each minute until melted and smooth. For Dark Chocolate, place chocolate chips and butterscotch chips in a small microwave safe bowl at 50% power in 1 minute increments, stirring between each minute just until melted and smooth; stir in peanut butter until well blended and silky.
9. Dip the top of each cut square into the melted chocolate, place on a baking sheet and sprinkle with Valentine sprinkles, mini-M&M’s or other favorite candy decorations. Allow chocolate topping to firm up at room temperature before serving.
10. Store in an airtight container at room temperature, or wrap individually in plastic wrap for easy serving.
YIELD: 24 bars
Originally posted August 2010; revised & reposted February 2019.
© SnowflakesandCoffeecakes. All images, attachments & content are copyright protected. All rights reserved. Please do not use my images without prior permission. If you want to republish this recipe, please re-write the recipe in your own words, or link back to www.snowflakesandcoffeecakes.com for the recipe.
You may also like...
I'm Mama V and I am so happy you stopped by to visit! This is the place to find family favorite and kitchen-tested quality recipes, along with photographs and tips to give you the confidence to cook and bake from scratch.
You'll find a complete recipe index on the Recipe Collection page or you can use the Recipe Collection dropdown feature to see a visual recipe index by category. If you are looking for something special, the Search function will easily locate your favorite recipe or ingredients. Enjoy - and stop by often!
LOOKING FOR SOMETHING SPECIAL?
Type in the name of recipe, category or any ingredient to search my recipe database.
This website uses marketing and tracking technologies. Opting out of this will opt you out of all cookies, except for those needed to run the website. Note that some products may not work as well without tracking cookies.Opt Out of Cookies