I'm going to let you in on a little holiday tradition - one that is always on our table for Christmas dinner, and usually the New Year too! Glazed Apples & Cranberries are perfect with your holiday ham or pork tenderloin. If you love apple pie, you will LOVE all of the tart and sweet apple slices, with the sweet tang of fresh cranberries, in a light and perfect glaze.
So quick and simple to make, when this is baking alongside your Holiday Ham, the aroma wafting around the house is out-of-this-world! And the tender sweet apple slices? So good that everyone will be gobbling them up fast!
If you are lucky enough to have any leftover, these are perfect on top of ice cream or fresh apple cake. In the morning, the sweet apple slices and cranberries spooned on top of a bowl of hot oatmeal or topped with crunch granola is a wonderful way to start the day!
And all by themselves, with nothing else? Apple perfection! Enjoy!
HOW I MAKE THIS:
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease or spray non-stick baking spray in casserole dish or baking pan.
2. Peel and core apples. Cut into quarters, then cut each quarter into 4 slices. Place in a large bowl, along with the fresh cranberries.
3. In a separate bowl, whisk together the sugars, flour, cinnamon and salt. Sprinkle mixture over top of apple slices and cranberries; stir gently to coat fruit evenly. Drizzle apple cider or apple juice on top and stir gently until combined. Pour mixture into prepared pan.
4. Bake uncovered for 20 minutes; spoon liquid over top of apple slices and continue baking for an additional 10 to 20 minutes, or until apples are tender and sauce is bubbling. Do not overbake – unless you prefer applesauce!
5. Remove from oven and let rest for 5 minutes before serving – cinnamon sauce will thicken slightly as it cools.
SERVINGS: 6-8 servings
Originally posted December 2010, revised and reposted December 2017.
© SnowflakesandCoffeecakes. All images, attachments & content are copyright protected unless otherwise indicated. All rights reserved. Please do not use my images without prior permission. If you want to republish this recipe, please re-write the recipe in your own words, or link back to www.snowflakesandcoffeecakes.com for the recipe.
I'm Mama V and I am so happy you stopped by to visit! This is the place to find family favorite and kitchen-tested quality recipes, along with photographs and tips to give you the confidence to cook and bake from scratch.
You'll find a complete recipe index on the Recipe Collection page or you can use the Recipe Collection dropdown feature to see a visual recipe index by category. If you are looking for something special, the Search function will easily locate your favorite recipe or ingredients. Enjoy - and stop by often!
LOOKING FOR SOMETHING SPECIAL?
Type in the name of recipe, category or any ingredient to search my recipe database.
This website uses marketing and tracking technologies. Opting out of this will opt you out of all cookies, except for those needed to run the website. Note that some products may not work as well without tracking cookies.Opt Out of Cookies