At our home, the surest way to get everyone rolling out of bed early at the morning is to bake up a batch of these little lovelies! Everyone goes crazy when I make these mini Cinnamon Sugar Applesauce Muffins - and what's not to love? Simple and tender applesauce muffins with a buttery, cinnamon & sugar topping that are just made for munching - or popping in your mouth warm from the oven!
And these go so fast, that if you don't run when them come out of the oven, they will be all gone! The best part is that your kitchen will smell just like a bakery...cinnamon, sugar and apples...what could be better?
This recipe is so simple and easy, and one that we've been whipping up for years. So simple that the little ones can help make them, and so perfect that there's nothing to change in the recipe. It's a solid keeper!
Warm from the oven, simply dip the muffin tops in melted butter and then dip and roll in cinnamon sugar. So good!
HOW I MAKE THESE:
1. PREPARE APPLESAUCE MUFFINS: Remove eggs and butter from fridge and allow to come to room temperature.
2. Preheat oven to 400 degrees and line mini-muffin tins with liners.
3. In a small mixing bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
4. In a large bowl, beat the butter and sugar on medium-high speed until it is light and fluffy (about 3 minutes). Add the eggs, one at a time, and beat until well combined. Add applesauce, vanilla, cinnamon and nutmeg, and beat just until blended.
5. Add half of the flour mixture at a time to your wet ingredients, whisking or stirring by hand, just until combined; repeat with remaining half of the flour mixture. Be gentle and DON’T OVERMIX your batter!
6. Using a 1-1/2 tablespoon (OXO 40) scoop, place batter in muffin liners. This is the easiest way to ensure that each of your mini-muffins will be the same size and bake evenly.
7. Bake for 10-12 minutes or until the tops are just starting to turn golden and the top springs back when you touch it lightly with your finger.
8. Remove from oven and allow to cool for 5 minutes.
9. PREPARE CINNAMON SUGAR TOPPING: Melt butter in a small bowl. In a separate bowl, stir together the cinnamon and sugar until well combined.
10. Dip each mini-muffin upside down into the melted butter, coating the top evenly. Immediately dip and roll in the cinnamon sugar mixture.
11. Serve these babies warm!
YIELD: 30 mini-muffins or 12 regular sized muffins
Originally posted September 2014, revised and reposted September 2020.
© SnowflakesandCoffeecakes. All images, attachments & content are copyright protected. All rights reserved. Please do not use my images without prior permission. If you want to republish this recipe, please re-write the recipe in your own words, or link back to www.snowflakesandcoffeecakes.com for the recipe
IF YOU LIKE THIS RECIPE, PLEASE FOLLOW ME ON
I'm Mama V and I am so happy you stopped by to visit! This is the place to find family favorite and kitchen-tested quality recipes, along with photographs and tips to give you the confidence to cook and bake from scratch.
You'll find a complete recipe index on the Recipe Collection page or you can use the Recipe Collection dropdown feature to see a visual recipe index by category. If you are looking for something special, the Search function will easily locate your favorite recipe or ingredients. Enjoy - and stop by often!
LOOKING FOR SOMETHING SPECIAL?
Type in the name of recipe, category or any ingredient to search my recipe database.
This website uses marketing and tracking technologies. Opting out of this will opt you out of all cookies, except for those needed to run the website. Note that some products may not work as well without tracking cookies.Opt Out of Cookies