A light, elegant and gorgeous summer dessert, Summer Berry Charlotte Cake with Vanilla Bean Mascarone Filling has a rich and creamy vanilla bean mascarpone filling and is topped with fresh summer berries. So easy to make, so fresh and creamy, so out-of-this-world beautiful to serve!
Perfect for a garden tea, baby & bridal showers, or any special celebration where you are looking for a WOW factor! This is the recipe everyone keeps asking me for, and they are always shocked at how easy it is to make - but they LOVE the way it tastes!
HOW DO YOU MAKE THIS SWEET TREAT?
Traditional charlotte cakes are made with ladyfingers, but I'm in love with my Nordic Ware Charlotte Cake Pan! Besides being so easy to use, it creates the most beautiful cakes every single time I use it!
This is always a crowd pleaser, and tastes so simple and fresh that it is perfect for a hot summer day. Hope you'll give my recipe a try! What is your favorite summer fruit?
½ cup (1 stick) unsalted butter (softened to room temperature)
2 large eggs (room temperature)
1/3 cup (80g) sour cream (room temperature)
¾ cup (180ml) whole milk (room temperature)
1-3/4 cups (200g) cake flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
¼ teaspoon salt
1 cup (200g) granulated sugar
1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
8 ounces (1 cup) mascarpone cheese – COLD
1-1/2 cups heavy whipping cream – COLD
¼ cup granulated sugar
2 teaspoons vanilla bean paste
Favorite Summer Fruits:
SPECIAL EQUIPMENT: Nordic Ware Charlotte Cake Pan
HOW I MAKE THIS:
1. PREPARE CAKE: Remove butter, eggs, sour cream and whole milk from refrigerator and allow to come to room temperature.
2. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray the sides and bottom of a Nordic Ware Charlotte Cake Pan with non-stick baking spray (non-stick spray with flour).
3. Whisk together the cake flour, baking powder and salt; set aside.
4. Using a handheld or stand mixer fitted with a paddle attachment, beat the butter and sugar together on high speed until smooth and creamy, about 2 minutes. Scrape down the sides of the bowl as necessary. Add the eggs and vanilla extract. Continue beating on medium-high speed until combined, then add in the sour cream. Scrape down sides of bowl.
5. Add half of the flour mixture and continue blending just until incorporated; add remaining flour mixture and again continue blending just until incorporated. DO NOT OVERMIX! The batter will be slightly thicker than a normal cake batter.
6. Pour the batter into the prepared cake pan – filling up the pan 2/3 full. (This pan holds 6 cups of batter, but you will only use 4-1/2 cups for this recipe.) Tap the pan on a towel-covered countertop a few times and let it sit for a few minutes before baking to release any large air bubbles.
7. Bake for 24-28 minutes, or until the top is golden and bounces back when touched lightly in the center and a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
8. Remove from oven and allow to cool in pan for 10 minutes. Give the pan a gentle shake sideways, and then place a serving platter on top and invert the cake, gently patting the top of the pan until the cake releases. Perfect every time! Cover cake and let it cool completely before filling.
9. PREPARE CREAMY MASCARPONE FILLING: In a chilled medium stainless steel bowl, beat the cold mascarpone cheese, heavy cream and vanilla bean paste until combined. Gradually add the sugar and continue beating until it holds soft, pillowy peaks. DO NOT OVERBEAT – it should not be too stiff or grainy. Cover and keep filling chilled until ready to assemble.
10. Right before serving, mound the mascarpone cream onto the cake and gently spread it evenly.
11. Top with fresh summer fruits and serve in slices.
YIELD: 8-10 servings
Originally posted June 2010, revised and reposted August 2019.
© SnowflakesandCoffeecakes. All images, attachments & content are copyright protected. All rights reserved. Please do not use my images without prior permission. If you want to republish this recipe, please re-write the recipe in your own words, or link back to www.snowflakesandcoffeecakes.com for the recipe.
RECOMMENDED FOR THIS RECIPE:
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE...
Snowflakes & Coffeecakes is a participant in the Amazon Affiliate Program. The Amazon Affiliate Program is designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on Amazon. The price you pay as a consumer does not change, but if you make a purchase through one of our links, we receive a small commission – and we continue delivering delicious recipes to you!
I'm Mama V and I am so happy you stopped by to visit! This is the place to find family favorite and kitchen-tested quality recipes, along with photographs and tips to give you the confidence to cook and bake from scratch.
You'll find a complete recipe index on the Recipe Collection page or you can use the Recipe Collection dropdown feature to see a visual recipe index by category. If you are looking for something special, the Search function will easily locate your favorite recipe or ingredients. Enjoy - and stop by often!
LOOKING FOR SOMETHING SPECIAL?
Type in the name of recipe, category or any ingredient to search my recipe database.
This website uses marketing and tracking technologies. Opting out of this will opt you out of all cookies, except for those needed to run the website. Note that some products may not work as well without tracking cookies.Opt Out of Cookies