Everyone goes crazy when I make these tender sweet Buttermilk Bran Muffins with Maple Glaze - a treasure to add to your recipe collection! Always super moist and delicious with a bit of caramel flavor from the brown sugar and molasses, and with rounded, bakery-style tops. Not only healthy, but with a simple maple butter glaze, these are the best “bran” muffins ever! Just made for lazy mornings warm from the oven!
SECRETS FOR PERFECT BRAN MUFFINS:
Buttermilk Bran Muffins:
3 eggs (room temperature)
1-1/2 cups buttermilk (room temperature)
½ cup vegetable oil
5 tablespoons molasses
½ cup brown sugar
1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
2 cups wheat bran
1 cup whole wheat flour
2/3 cup all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
½ teaspoon salt
½ teaspoon cinnamon
2/3 cup raisins
Maple Butter Glaze:
1 tablespoon pure maple syrup
1 tablespoon butter
HOW I MAKE THESE:
1. PREPARE MUFFINS: Remove eggs and buttermilk from fridge and allow to come to room temperature.
2. In a small bowl, mix together the wheat bran and buttermilk and let sit for 10 minutes. Toss the raisins in 1 tablespoon of flour until evenly coated.
3. Preheat oven to 400 degrees and line mini-muffin tins with paper liners.
4. In a small mixing bowl, whisk together the whole wheat flour, all-purpose flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon and salt.
5. In a separate large bowl, whisk together the eggs, brown sugar, oil, molasses and vanilla. Stir in the bran and buttermilk mixture.
6. Create a well in the dry ingredients.
7. Add half of the flour mixture at a time to your wet ingredients, whisking or stirring by hand, just until combined; repeat with remaining half of the flour mixture. Fold in raisins. Be gentle and DON’T OVERMIX your batter!
8. Using a 1-1/2 tablespoon cookie scoop (OXO 40) or spoon, fill muffin liners almost to the top. This is the easiest way to ensure that each of your mini-muffins will be the same size and bake evenly.
9. Bake for 9-11 minutes or until the tops are just starting to turn golden and the top springs back when you touch it lightly with your finger.
10. Remove from oven and allow to cool for 5 minutes.
11. PREPARE MAPLE-BUTTER GLAZE: Combine melted butter and maple syrup in a small bowl. Stir well to combine and lightly brush mixture over the top of the warm muffins. This will seal the muffins and keep them super moist!
12. Serve these babies warm with butter or honey butter!
13. Store at room temperature in a sealed container. Heat in a microwave for 15 seconds to serve them warm and soft.
YIELD: 30 mini-muffins or 16 regular sized muffins
NOTE: You can substitute dried cranberries, dried cherries or dates for the raisins.
Originally posted September 2014, revised and reposted July 2019.
© SnowflakesandCoffeecakes. All images, attachments & content are copyright protected. All rights reserved. Please do not use my images without prior permission. If you want to republish this recipe, please re-write the recipe in your own words, or link back to www.snowflakesandcoffeecakes.com for the recipe.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE...
Snowflakes & Coffeecakes is a participant in the Amazon Affiliate Program. Affiliate programs are designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on Amazon. The price you pay as a consumer does not change, but if you make a purchase through one of our links, we receive a small commission - and we continue delivering delicious recipes to you!
Leave a Reply.
I'm Mama V and I am so happy you stopped by to visit! This is the place to find family favorite and kitchen-tested quality recipes, along with photographs and tips to give you the confidence to cook and bake from scratch.
You'll find a complete recipe index on the Recipe Collection page or you can use the Recipe Collection dropdown feature to see a visual recipe index by category. If you are looking for something special, the Search function will easily locate your favorite recipe or ingredients. Enjoy - and stop by often!
LOOKING FOR SOMETHING SPECIAL?
Type in the name of recipe, category or any ingredient to search my recipe database.
This website uses marketing and tracking technologies. Opting out of this will opt you out of all cookies, except for those needed to run the website. Note that some products may not work as well without tracking cookies.Opt Out of Cookies