When I first started putting together a Valentine Dessert Board, I was thinking about my little ones…but it turned out to be a huge hit with EVERYONE. Filled with heart-shaped cookies and pastries, candy, fruit, and all things sweet, nothing is more easy, fun and relaxing than a sweet treat with your Valentines!
The secret of a great Valentine Sweets Board is to find your favorites treats – and to have a few surprises! The goal is to assemble a board filled with texture and color that fits with your theme. For Valentine’s Day that means lots of fresh fruit and heart-shaped treats in red and pink hues. It’s easy to add Valentine chocolates, decorated sugar cookies and cupcakes, and chocolate-covered strawberries.
For my Valentine Dessert Board I used a loving mix of some of our favorite store-bought treats and some homemade items too. Mix and match your favorites for something wonderful and unique every time – whether you’re making it for your little ones, a school Valentine’s party, gal pals for a Galentine’s party, or to share with your special love!
WHY A HOLIDAY CHARCUTERIE BOARD?
Charcuterie Boards have been crazy popular in recent years. Typically consisting of a selection of cheese, meats, spreadables, nuts & chocolates, fruits & vegetables, garnishes & condiments, crackers & bread, and served with a selection of wine or cocktails, they are so easy to assemble and can be used for every occasion! If you're planning more than a quiet and small celebration, it seemed like a natural to add a special dessert board of holiday treats & sweets. You can add as many "boards" or trays as you like to create a Holiday Table - a savory board, a fruit & vegie board, and a sweet board make for the best parties ever!
When my six kiddos were really little, I would always put together for each of them a small gift bag or box of their favorite Valentine's sweets and treats, but with everyone coming and going and the craziness of life in general, I'm excited to share this Valentine's Day dessert board with you. It has greatly simplified my life and the way that we entertain and celebrate!
With a theme already established, and so many tastes, textures and colorful hues of red and pink available, it is so easy to put together a holiday-themed dessert board.
HOW TO MAKE THE PRETTIEST DESSERT BOARD
VALENTINE SWEET TREATS DESSERT BOARD
When I first started putting together a Valentine Desserts Board, I was thinking about my little ones...but it turned out to be a huge hit with EVERYONE! Filled with heart-shaped cookies, candy, fruit and all things sweet, nothing is more easy, fun and relaxing than a sweet treat with your Valentines!
The secret of a great sweet treats board is to find your favorites treats – and to have a few surprises! The goal is to assemble a board filled with texture and color that fits with your theme. For Valentine’s Day that means lots of fresh fruit and heart-shaped treats in red and pink hues. It’s easy to add Valentine chocolates, decorated sugar cookies and cupcakes, and chocolate-covered strawberries.
For my Valentine Dessert Board I used a loving mix of some of our favorite store-bought treats and some homemade items too. Mix and match your favorites for something wonderful and unique every time – whether you’re making it for your little ones, a school Valentine’s party, your Galentine’s party, or to share with your special love!
BAKERY: a selection of homemade or store-bought treats - our favorites:
- Valentine Sugar Cookies – some simple, some decorated
- Valentine Cupcakes (both mini and regular cupcakes work great)
- Jam-Filled Almond Shortbread Cookies dipped in Chocolate
- Ultimate Valentine Rice Krispies Bars
- Heart Shaped Macarons
- Cheesecake Slices
- Brownie Bites
NUTS & CHOCOLATES: you can’t go wrong here at all with a selection of 3. Something simple and roasted, another spicy, and something sweet – the perfect trifecta of favorites:
- Chocolate Covered Strawberries
- Dark Chocolate Covered Raspberries
- Ghirardelli Milk Chocolate & Caramel Hearts
- Gimbal’s Cherry Lovers Heart Shaped Gourmet Jelly Beans
- Ghirardelli Chocolate Valentine Squares
- Lindt Valentine Truffles
- Honey Roasted Peanuts
FRUITS: a selection of seasonal fresh fruit gives you a nice balance and a burst of color. A sweet dipping sauce (chocolate or caramel) is wonderful for dipping fresh fruit!
- Red Seedless Grapes
- Fresh Strawberries, Raspberries & Blackberries
- Fresh Apples & Pears (sliced)
- Fresh Raspberries
DIPS: a selection of silky, creamy and fluffy dips are perfect for dipping fresh fruit or cookies:
- Chocolate or Caramel Dessert Sauces
- Fresh Whipped Cream
- Marshmallow Crème Fruit Dip
SWEET TREATS: Something sweet, something classic, something new!
· Conversation Hearts
· Valentine Gummies & Heart-Shaped Fruit Snacks
· Sugared Valentine Hearts
· Sour Valentine Gels
· Hershey Valentine Kisses & Hugs
· Valentine M&M’s (your favorite plain, peanut, pretzel, etc.)
· Cinnamon Lips
· Heart-Shaped Marshmallows (a kid favorite!)
HOW I MAKE THIS:
1. Choose a nice solid cutting board or wooden serving tray to create your platter. You can always add additional platters or trays if you are preparing this for a crowd!
2. Assemble your favorites and place on serving board, starting with the heart-shaped dishes or bowls that will hold smaller treats.
3. Place your dessert sauces or tiny candies in small crocks to contain them on your board.
4. Wash and pat the fresh fruit dry; add fresh and dried fruits for color. If you’re serving fresh apple or pear slices, soak them in Sprite or Seven-Up and pat dry so that they don’t turn brown.
5. Garnish with lots of fresh green and reds - fresh strawberries and raspberries, ripe pomegranates or pomegranate arils – the perfect garnish for a Valentine Sweet Treat Board!
6. For a party, add small tongs or spoons next to the board along with appetizer plates and napkins.
7. Start with small amounts of each item – you can always refresh your platter as time goes by!
YIELD: Perfect for two – or a crowd!
NEVER MISS A NEW RECIPE! FOLLOW ME ON
FACEBOOK, INSTAGRAM & PINTEREST!
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE...
You'll find a complete recipe index on the Recipe Collection page or you can use the Recipe Collection dropdown feature to see a visual recipe index by category. If you are looking for something special, the Search function will easily locate your favorite recipe or ingredients. Enjoy - and stop by often!
LOOKING FOR SOMETHING SPECIAL?