For a romantic evening with your love, nothing is more fun and relaxing than a Valentine Charcuterie Board, personalized with all of your favorites! Perfect for Valentine's Day, but also wonderful for picnics or quiet evenings in front of a roaring fireplace. A bottle of good wine, and we're all set for a special night of snacking and quiet conversation. Skipper loves the Spicy Maple Candied Bacon and Genoa Salame Panino, so this is a special treat for him!
And doesn't a quiet night at home sound so much better than a crazy night at a crowded restaurant with long wait times and a limited menu for Valentine's Day?
I made the Spicy Maple Candied Bacon earlier in the day, and had to fight everyone off from eating the entire batch. It's so simple to make and so addictive!
Genoa Salame Panino is simple and good - thin sliced mozzarella cheese rolled with peppered salame. Not anything that we have every day, but a special treat.
If you've never tried Cranberry White Cheddar Cheese, you will want to run and pick some of this seasonal cheese up before it is all gone. So creamy and good - one of those artisanal cheeses that you will love! And there's just something about Mini Babybel Cheeses that are so cute and snackable!
Cheddar Asiago Cheese Sticks and Mini Brioche Bread are just made for Valentine's snacking. Triscuit Fire Roasted Tomato & Olive Oil Crackers are perfect as well, and they have so many different flavors available!
The smell of fresh rosemary on the board is perfect, and your favorite fresh fruits round this out nicely. Well, that and a few chocolate & caramel treats and a cherry heart or two...
I'm hoping you have a wonderful Valentine's celebration with your sweetie! Time to relax and enjoy the quiet times!
The secret of a great charcuterie board is to find fresh flavors and textures that work for you and your family and friends. Mix and match your favorite cheeses, meats, fruits, nuts and condiments for something wonderful and unique every time! For my Valentine Charcuterie Board I used the following:
CHEESE: a selection of 3 or 4 is the way to go. One cheese should be soft and creamy; another firm and aged, another flavorful, and another that is seasonal and different. I used:
MEAT: a selection of 2 or 3 Italian sliced deli-meats is the magic number. Something spicy, something peppery, and something traditional. I used our favorites:
SPREADABLES: a selection of 1 or 2 gives you a nice balance. Something with an edge – and another that is a simple surprise. On the side I included:
NUTS & CHOCOLATES: you can’t go wrong here at all with a selection of 3. Something simple and roasted, another spicy, and something sweet – the perfect trifecta of favorites. I used our favorite Valentine sweet treats:
FRUITS & VEGETABLES: a selection of seasonal fruit and traditional vegies, both fresh and dried, gives you a nice balance and a burst of color. I used our winter favorites:
GARNISHES & CONDIMENTS: usually a simple selection of 2 or 3 rounds everything out – something sweet and something savory. I kept this board simple and garnished with fresh Rosemary, which smells SO GOOD and colorful fresh fruits.
CRACKERS & BREAD: a selection of 3 is the perfect amount – if you don’t have room on your platter, you can place them in a basket next to your board. I used our favorites:
FAVORITE WINES: Pick a few of your favorites and you’ve got an instant party! For tonight, I sipped on my favorite Pinot Noir and he had his favorite craft beer.
HOW I MAKE THIS:
1. Choose a nice solid cutting board or wooden serving tray to create your platter. Your guests will be cutting cheese directly on the board so be sure to use something sturdy. You can always add additional platters if you are preparing this for a crowd!
2. Assemble your favorites and place on serving board, starting with the cheese and meats.
3. Don’t slice up the cheese prior to serving – put out some simple cheese knives and let everyone cut off a hunk of their favorite, or a small taste of something new.
4. Purchase sliced meats for easy serving.
5. Place your spreadables in small crocks to contain them on your board.
6. Wash and pat the fresh fruit dry; add fresh and dried fruits for color.
7. If you serve olives or pickles, place them in tiny bowls so that they don’t roll around and flavor other platter ingredients.
8. If you don’t have enough room on your platter, place your crackers and bread selection in a basket on the side.
9. Garnish with lots of fresh green and reds - fresh Rosemary, whole cranberries, ripe pomegranates or pomegranate arils – the perfect garnish for a Valentine Charcuterie Board!
10. Add cheese knives, small tongs and small spoons next to the board along with appetizer plates and napkins if you need to. For just the two of us nibbling, we just shared the board!
11. Start with small amounts of each item – you can always refresh your platter as time goes by!
YIELD: Perfect for two!
© SnowflakesandCoffeecakes. All images, attachments & content are copyright protected. All rights reserved. Please do not use my images without prior permission. If you want to republish this recipe, please re-write the recipe in your own words, or link back to www.snowflakesandcoffeecakes.com for the recipe.
NEVER MISS A NEW RECIPE! FOLLOW ME ON
HI, I’M MAMA V! I'm so happy you stopped by to visit this delicious corner of the internet! This is the place to find family favorite and kitchen-tested quality recipes, along with photographs and tips to give you the confidence to cook and bake from scratch.
You'll find a complete recipe index on the Recipe Collection page or you can use the Recipe Collection dropdown feature to see a visual recipe index by category. If you are looking for something special, the Search function will easily locate your favorite recipe or ingredients. Enjoy - and stop by often!
LOOKING FOR SOMETHING SPECIAL?
Type in the name of recipe, category or any ingredient to search my recipe database.
This website uses marketing and tracking technologies. Opting out of this will opt you out of all cookies, except for those needed to run the website. Note that some products may not work as well without tracking cookies.Opt Out of Cookies