RAVIOLI & SPINACH LASAGNA
I don't know about you, but there is something that is just SO HARD when the days start getting shorter and nightfall seems to come faster and faster! Throw in long and crazy days at work, and hangry kiddos waiting for dinner the minute I walk thru the door, there are days I just need something SUPER fast and easy!
Loaded with four varieties of melted cheese, Ravioli & Spinach Lasagna is so quick and easy to make that it's perfect for weeknight dinners! Everything you love about lasagna - layers of tender cheese ravioli, hearty Italian marinara sauce, fresh spinach and TONS of melted cheese - your family will fall in love with this too!
Loaded with everything good for dinner - but good enough to make for company too.
If you're in a real hurry, or if you're serving a vegetarian or two, you can skip the meat and onion, and enjoy a more simple version of this. I recommend using FRESH four-cheese ravioli, rather than the frozen variety. It just tastes better!
Squeezing a surprise little bit of fresh baby spinach between layers of Italian sauce and cheese is another little trick to get more vegies into everyone too, and it adds great color and flavor.
Come on! I know you want to dish a big spoonful of this up on your plate and dive in right now! Literally 15 minutes and you'll have dinner baking in the oven. And all of those restless natives will be so happy when it's dinnertime!
1 pound ground beef or Italian sausage
1 medium onion, diced
2 (24-ounce) jars marinara sauce
1 pkg (20 ounces) refrigerated fresh four-cheese ravioli
12 ounces fresh baby spinach
3 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
½ cup grated Parmesan cheese
HOW I MAKE THIS:
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray 9x13-inch casserole or baking dish with non-stick spray.
2. In a large saucepan, cook ground beef and onion until browned and tender. Drain well and stir in marinara sauce.
3. Spread 1/3 of marinara sauce evenly across the bottom of prepared pan.
4. Arrange a single layer of fresh ravioli.
5. Sprinkle half of mozzarella cheese evenly over ravioli.
6. Layer half of baby spinach over the cheese.
7. Spoon 1/3 of marinara sauce evenly over the spinach.
8. Layer with remaining ravioli, another layer of baby spinach, 1/3 of the shredded mozzarella, and top with remaining sauce.
9. Sprinkle remaining mozzarella cheese evenly over top, and sprinkle with parmesan cheese.
10. Cover with foil and bake for 30 minutes, or until bubbly.
11. Remove foil and continue to bake for 5 to7 minutes, or until top is lightly browned.
12. Remove from oven and let stand for five minutes before serving; garnish with fresh snipped parsley (optional).
YIELD: 8-10 servings
You can prepare this ahead of time and refrigerate overnight. Increase baking time to 45 minutes
Originally posted November 2013, revised and reposted October 2018.
© SnowflakesandCoffeecakes. All images, attachments & content are copyright protected. All rights reserved. Please do not use my images without prior permission. If you want to republish this recipe, please re-write the recipe in your own words, or link back to www.snowflakesandcoffeecakes.com for the recipe.
Leave a Reply.
HI, I’M MAMA V! I'm so happy you stopped by to visit this delicious corner of the internet! This is the place to find family favorite and kitchen-tested quality recipes, along with photographs and tips to give you the confidence to cook and bake from scratch.
You'll find a complete recipe index on the Recipe Collection page or you can use the Recipe Collection dropdown feature to see a visual recipe index by category. If you are looking for something special, the Search function will easily locate your favorite recipe or ingredients. Enjoy - and stop by often!
LOOKING FOR SOMETHING SPECIAL?
Type in the name of recipe, category or any ingredient to search my recipe database.
This website uses marketing and tracking technologies. Opting out of this will opt you out of all cookies, except for those needed to run the website. Note that some products may not work as well without tracking cookies.Opt Out of Cookies