Are you one of the many that adores everything pumpkin spice?
These Pumpkin Waffles are everything you love in a waffle - light, buttery and crisp on the outside, fluffy on the inside. Filled with creamy pumpkin, brown sugar and pumpkin pie spices, these are perfect with homemade Cinnamon Cream Cheese Drizzle, or served simply with whipped butter and warm maple syrup. Our favorite way to start an autumn morning!
These are tender waffles with a perfectly crisp golden outside. Egg whites are whipped until stiff peaks form, and when folded gently into the batter, take these to a new level of wonderful. The texture is absolutely melt-in-your-mouth.
I've tried substituting whole wheat flour or gluten-free flour, but all-purpose flour will give you a lighter and fluffier waffle. You can also substitute vanilla almond milk and coconut oil in this recipe if you are looking for a healthier alternative, with good results.
A perfectly silky Cinnamon Cream Sugar glaze is so simple to whip up, and with light undertones of cinnamon and vanilla, is the perfect topping to drizzle on top of these pumpkin spice waffles.
I usually make a double batch of the batter, because these disappear as fast as I can take them off the griddle. If you have any leftover, you can also freeze these for crazy weekday breakfasts - just pop them in the toaster to warm them up.
The perfect way to start your morning! Hope you enjoy as much as we do!
3 egg whites + 1 egg yolk (separated)
2 cups all-purpose flour
3 tablespoons light brown sugar
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
1/4 teaspoon ginger
1/8 teaspoon cloves
2 teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 cup pumpkin puree (not pie filling)
1 cup buttermilk
½ cup milk
4 tablespoons vegetable oil or melted butter
½ teaspoon pure vanilla extract
CINNAMON CREAM CHEESE DRIZZLE:
8 oz cream cheese (regular plain or pumpkin spice)
1/2 cup powdered sugar
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
½ teaspoon pure vanilla extract
½ cup milk
SERVE WITH: Cinnamon Cream Cheese Drizzle, whipped butter, warm maple syrup, honey, or a dusting of powdered sugar
HOW WE MAKE THESE:
1. MAKE CINNAMON CREAM CHEESE GLAZE: In small bowl, beat cream cheese and vanilla for 2 minutes until light and fluffy. Add powdered sugar and cinnamon and beat to combine. Slowly add the milk, a tablespoon at a time, adding until desired consistency is achieved. You may need more or less milk, depending on how thick or thin you want your drizzle. Set aside at room temperature.
2. PREPARE WAFFLES: In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, brown sugar, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger, cloves and salt.
3. In a medium bowl, whip the egg whites until stiff peaks form; set aside.
4. In a large bowl, combine the pumpkin puree, egg yolk, buttermilk, milk, vegetable oil/butter and vanilla until well blended and smooth.
5. Using a wooden spoon, stir half of the dry ingredients into the pumpkin mixture and stir just until the ingredients are combined (a few flour streaks should remain); add remaining dry ingredients and stir just until combined. Gently fold in the whipped egg whites and fold in gently, just until combined.
6. Allow waffle batter to rest for 5 to 10 minutes while you are preheating your waffle iron.
7. Brush butter on both sides of the hot waffle iron or spray with nonstick cooking spray.
8. Pour about 3/4 to 1 cup batter (or amount recommended by your waffle iron instructions) onto the hot iron. Close the lid and bake until golden brown and crisp.
9. Serve waffles immediately with whipped butter, drizzled Cinnamon Cream Cheese Glaze, warm maple syrup or a drizzle of honey!
NOTES: You can substitute Vanilla Almond Milk for the buttermilk and milk, but add 2 teaspoons of apple cider vinegar as well. You can also substitute coconut oil for the vegetable oil or butter. For the Cinnamon Cream Cheese Drizzle, you can use either plain cream cheese or whipped pumpkin spice cream cheese.
YIELD: about 8 waffles, depending on size of waffle maker
© SnowflakesandCoffeecakes. All images, attachments & content are copyright protected unless otherwise indicated. All rights reserved. Please do not use my images without prior permission. If you want to republish this recipe, please re-write the recipe in your own words, or link back to www.snowflakesandcoffeecakes.com for the recipe.
I'm Mama V and I am so happy you stopped by to visit! This is the place to find family favorite and kitchen-tested quality recipes, along with photographs and tips to give you the confidence to cook and bake from scratch.
You'll find a complete recipe index on the Recipe Collection page or you can use the Recipe Collection dropdown feature to see a visual recipe index by category. If you are looking for something special, the Search function will easily locate your favorite recipe or ingredients. Enjoy - and stop by often!
LOOKING FOR SOMETHING SPECIAL?
Type in the name of recipe, category or any ingredient to search my recipe database.
This website uses marketing and tracking technologies. Opting out of this will opt you out of all cookies, except for those needed to run the website. Note that some products may not work as well without tracking cookies.Opt Out of Cookies