During the hot days of summer, I try to keep my cooking as fast and easy as I can. Summer days pass far too quickly to spend a lot of time in the kitchen, and it's always great to pull out a long-time favorite family recipe and remember just how easy it is to cook up something wonderful!
This recipe is so easy that even the little ones can help make it. Five minutes and you'll have the best roasted potatoes ever ready for the oven or grill!
I love how you can mix these up to keep everyone happy. Whether you use baby potatoes or fingerlings, petite red potatoes or a mixture of red, golden or purple potatoes, pick your favorite for the best side dish ever!
Fresh chopped onion and minced garlic, tossed with olive oil and the perfect herb combination, and perfect potatoes will be literally melting in your mouth! Grated Parmesan cheese adds to the roasted flavor, but these are even more delicious with the tiniest bit of melted butter, even more grated Parmesan cheese and fresh herbs sprinkled over the top. So tender and soft on the inside, golden brown and lightly crisp on the outside, one bite and you'll see why these are always wildly popular!
You can prepare these on your grill (just give them a gently shake and turn several times), or roast them up in your oven on a rainy day. So simple and easy!
What's your favorite kind of potato in the summer? Warm and roasted, or cold in a creamy potato salad?
HOW I MAKE THESE:
1. Preheat oven or grill to 400 degrees. Lightly grease a large baking sheet or line with foil.
2. Wash and drain the potatoes, cutting off any bad spots. Cut into halves (or quarters if larger size).
3. In a small bowl, whisk together the salt, pepper and dried spices.
4. In a large bowl, drizzle olive oil over the top of the potatoes, onions and garlic, stirring to coat evenly. Sprinkle with spice mixture and half of the Parmesan cheese and stir again until coated evenly.
5. Spread the potatoes out evenly on your prepared baking pan in a single layer.
6. Bake for 45-60 minutes, turning with a spatula two or three times, until golden brown and crisp.
7. Remove from the oven (or grill), and top with butter pieces, stir until the butter is melted. Sprinkle with remaining Parmesan cheese and fresh parsley or chives.
8. Serve immediately!
YIELD: 8 servings
Originally posted June 2013, Revised and Reposted August 2018.
© SnowflakesandCoffeecakes. All images, attachments & content are copyright protected. All rights reserved. Please do not use my images without prior permission. If you want to republish this recipe, please re-write the recipe in your own words, or link back to www.snowflakesandcoffeecakes.com for the recipe.
Leave a Reply.
HI, I’M MAMA V! I'm so happy you stopped by to visit this delicious corner of the internet! This is the place to find family favorite and kitchen-tested quality recipes, along with photographs and tips to give you the confidence to cook and bake from scratch.
You'll find a complete recipe index on the Recipe Collection page or you can use the Recipe Collection dropdown feature to see a visual recipe index by category. If you are looking for something special, the Search function will easily locate your favorite recipe or ingredients. Enjoy - and stop by often!
LOOKING FOR SOMETHING SPECIAL?
Type in the name of recipe, category or any ingredient to search my recipe database.
This website uses marketing and tracking technologies. Opting out of this will opt you out of all cookies, except for those needed to run the website. Note that some products may not work as well without tracking cookies.Opt Out of Cookies