NUTELLA FUDGE BROWNIES
Are you as nuts about Nutella as my kids are? I think we go thru about a jar of this chocolate hazelnut treat every week!
How about taking that creamy goodness to a new level? Decadent and rich, dark chocolate brownies, thick and moist - covered with a rich and creamy layer of Nutella Fudge - these just scream "Eat me now!" (At least that's what they told me when I walked into the kitchen and discovered a good portion of the pan missing!
This is one of my favorite brownie bases - I use variations of this for a lot of my dark chocolate brownie treats. The batter whips up quickly and without a lot of fuss. It's a little thicker that some brownie batter you may have worked with, but it reallly holds it shape, color and texture - dark, thick and oh-so-moist!
Once the brownies have cooled the magic begins! Combine sweetened condensed milk, butter, a good quality chocolate chips, and Nutella in a glass bowl or double boiler. Set the bowl over a pot of simmering water and stir until everything is melted and smooth.
You know how some people peel the frosting off their brownies - and either eat the brownie layer, or eat the fudge? I never see that happening with these! They are just.plain.gone!
Very rich, so a 9x9 pan makes up 16 to 20 delicious brownies with fudge. Oh so good - and we hope that you will love them as much as we do!
WHAT IS THE SECRET TO THE BEST BROWNIES?
FOR PERFECT BROWNIES, USE THE RIGHT INGREDIENTS!
For gourmet brownies, in addition to using premium chocolate and cocoa, only the best ingredients will give you the texture, richness and depth of flavor we all crave. Make sure to use fresh ingredients for the best results! I’ve made so many cakes, cookies and brownies through the years, and these are my recommendations:
3/4 cup unsalted butter, melted
1 cup sugar
1 tsp vanilla extract
3/4 cup flour
6 tbsp cocoa
1/4 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp salt
1 (14 – ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
2 tablespoons unsalted butter
1-1/4 cups chocolate chips
1 cup Nutella
HOW WE MAKE THESE:
TO MAKE THE BROWNIE:
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a 9×9 baking pan with either non-stick foil or parchment paper that extends up over the sides; spray with non-stick spray.
2. Combine the butter, sugar and vanilla extract in a medium sized bowl.
3. Add eggs and mix until well combined.
4. Combine flour, cocoa, baking powder and salt in another medium sized bowl.
5. Slowly add dry ingredients to the egg mixture until well combined.
6. Pour the batter into the pan and spread evenly.
7. Bake for 18-20 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out with a few moist crumbs.
ONCE THE BROWNIE IS COOLED, MAKE THE FUDGE:
8. Combine sweetened condensed milk, butter, chocolate chips and Nutella in a metal or glass bowl. Set the bowl over a pot of simmering water.
9. Stir mixture until everything is melted and smooth, then spread evenly over the brownies.
10. Once fudge layer is set, lift brownies out of pan by lifting up the edges of the foil or parchment paper. Cut into bars.
11. Store in a covered container in a cool location.
Yield: 16 brownies
© SnowflakesandCoffeecakes. All images, attachments & content are copyright protected. All rights reserved. Please do not use my images without prior permission. If you want to republish this recipe, please re-write the recipe in your own words, or link back to www.snowflakesandcoffeecakes.com for the recipe
NEVER MISS A NEW RECIPE - FOLLOW ME ON
HI, I’M MAMA V! I'm so happy you stopped by to visit this delicious corner of the internet! This is the place to find family favorite and kitchen-tested quality recipes, along with photographs and tips to give you the confidence to cook and bake from scratch.
You'll find a complete recipe index on the Recipe Collection page or you can use the Recipe Collection dropdown feature to see a visual recipe index by category. If you are looking for something special, the Search function will easily locate your favorite recipe or ingredients. Enjoy - and stop by often!
LOOKING FOR SOMETHING SPECIAL?
Type in the name of recipe, category or any ingredient to search my recipe database.
This website uses marketing and tracking technologies. Opting out of this will opt you out of all cookies, except for those needed to run the website. Note that some products may not work as well without tracking cookies.Opt Out of Cookies