There are moments when I wonder if I truly have too many recipes...too many cookbooks...
And then I remember an old favorite recipe, and realize that it's all good! This crazy simple Deviled Ham Salad is a recipe that both my Mom and my Gram used to make all the time. And every single time that I make it, my family just goes BONKERS! Whether you call it Deviled Ham Salad or Deviled Ham Salad Spread, it's all good. Perfect on sandwiches or rolled up in wraps, or as an appetizer served with crackers. It's always the first thing to disappear when I put it out!
This recipe is so simple and good that you'll be trying to hide any leftover ham you can get your hands on, just so that you can make a batch of this!
Finely diced ham, onion & chive cream cheese, a little bit of mayonnaise thrown in - and we're just getting started!
Add a little chopped sweet onion, sweet pickle relish, and throw in some spicy honey mustard (I think this is the secret ingredient!), Worcestershire sauce, hot sauce, and a sprinkle of garlic, and then simply mash it all up. I usually use my KitchenAid meat grinder (actually, I think that's the only thing I use that crazy attachment for). But you can also use a food processor to pulse everything up so that it's still nice and chunky. Cover and let it chill as long as you can!
And then get ready for some serious good snacking! You're gonna LOVE this one!
HOW I MAKE THIS:
1. Combine cream cheese spread, mayonnaise, Worcestershire sauce, spicy honey mustard, hot sauce, garlic powder and pepper in a food processor* and pulse 4 or 5 times.
2. Add remaining ingredients and pulse just until ham reaches the consistency you like – it won’t take more than a few pulses!
3. Cover and chill until ready to serve.
YIELD: 4 cups (approximately 4 salad servings or 6-8 sandwiches)
· I love using my Kitchen Aid Meat Grinder attachment to prepare the ham. If you do this, you do not need to use a food processor – simply combine all the ingredients in a medium bowl and stir until well blended.
· If you don’t have a meat grinder or food processor, simply chop the ham up as finely as you can, combine all the ingredients in a medium bowl and stir until well blended.
Previously posted November 2010; revised and reposted May 2018.
© SnowflakesandCoffeecakes. All images, attachments & content are copyright protected unless otherwise indicated. All rights reserved. Please do not use my images without prior permission. If you want to republish this recipe, please re-write the recipe in your own words, or link back to www.snowflakesandcoffeecakes.com for the recipe.
I'm Mama V and I am so happy you stopped by to visit! This is the place to find family favorite and kitchen-tested quality recipes, along with photographs and tips to give you the confidence to cook and bake from scratch.
You'll find a complete recipe index on the Recipe Collection page or you can use the Recipe Collection dropdown feature to see a visual recipe index by category. If you are looking for something special, the Search function will easily locate your favorite recipe or ingredients. Enjoy - and stop by often!
LOOKING FOR SOMETHING SPECIAL?
Type in the name of recipe, category or any ingredient to search my recipe database.
This website uses marketing and tracking technologies. Opting out of this will opt you out of all cookies, except for those needed to run the website. Note that some products may not work as well without tracking cookies.Opt Out of Cookies