When Valentine's Day rolls around, I try to make something special for all of my little valentines - and the big ones too! For a special dessert, there's nothing better than Black Forest Chocolate Cheesecake Tarts.
Tiny individual Oreo cookie crusts, filled with a silky and rich no-bake chocolate cheesecake, topped with cherry pie filling and chocolate curls or a Ghirardelli chocolate heart. Easy, fancy and perfect! If you like French Silk Pie, you are going to love these even more! This one is another family classic.
Eleven simple ingredients!
FIVE EASY STEPS...
The Chocolate Cheesecake filling reminds me of a Three Musketeers Bar, only creamier, silkier and richer! Luckily there is a little bit left after making these tiny tarts, which can be served in small bowls and refrigerated or frozen - the perfect little treat, and one that everyone fights over!
If you would prefer to make a single dessert rather than the six little tarts, you can simply pour the Chocolate Cheesecake Filling into an Oreo pie crust and freeze it until firm. Spoon cherry pie filling on top and garnish with chocolate curls right before serving. It's spectacular too!
1-1/2 cups crushed Oreo cookies (30 cookies)
¼ cup granulated sugar
4 tablespoons unsalted butter (melted)
Chocolate Cheesecake Filling:
4 oz. dark chocolate (Ghirardelli or other high quality chocolate bars or chips)
1 can (14 oz.) Eagle Brand Chocolate Sweetened Condensed Milk
1 (8 oz.) pkg cream cheese
¼ cup baking cocoa
¼ cup powdered sugar
8 oz. whipped topping (thawed)
1 can Cherry Pie Filling
1 (4 oz.) Ghirardelli dark chocolate bar (for chocolate curls) or six individual chocolates (for garnish)
HOW I MAKE THESE:
1. Prepare Tart Pan Inserts: Cut parchment paper into six 4-inch circles, and line bottoms of each tart pan. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Prepare Tart Crusts: Add cookie crumbs and sugar to a mixing bowl and stir to combine, then pour in butter and mix with a fork until evenly moistened. Divide crumb mixture evenly between the six tart wells and press evenly into bottom and up the sides of each well. Bake in preheated oven 4 minutes, remove pan from oven and allow to cool completely on a wire rack.
3. Prepare Chocolate Cheesecake Filling: Break or chop dark chocolate into pieces and melt according to package directions (double boiler or microwave). Stir until melted and smooth.
4. In a large mixing bowl, mix sweetened condensed milk and melted chocolate until well blended. Add cream cheese, powdered sugar and baking cocoa, beat until well blended. Slowly fold in whipped topping and stir gently until well combined – you don’t want your whipped topping to fall flat.
5. Spoon Chocolate Cheesecake Filling evenly into individual tart shells and smooth top. Freeze.
6. Right before serving, remove from freezer and spoon chilled cherry pie filling on top of each tart. Use a potato peeler to create chocolate curls to sprinkle on top, or place an individual chocolate treat on top of each tart. Serve immediately.
YIELD: Six four-inch tarts
NOTES: Extra Chocolate Cheesecake Filling can be scooped into small bowls and chilled or frozen. Be warned – people will fight over these!
© SnowflakesandCoffeecakes. All images, attachments & content are copyright protected. All rights reserved. Please do not use my images without prior permission. If you want to republish this recipe, please re-write the recipe in your own words, or link back to www.snowflakesandcoffeecakes.com for the recipe.
You may also like...
I'm Mama V and I am so happy you stopped by to visit! This is the place to find family favorite and kitchen-tested quality recipes, along with photographs and tips to give you the confidence to cook and bake from scratch.
You'll find a complete recipe index on the Recipe Collection page or you can use the Recipe Collection dropdown feature to see a visual recipe index by category. If you are looking for something special, the Search function will easily locate your favorite recipe or ingredients. Enjoy - and stop by often!
LOOKING FOR SOMETHING SPECIAL?
Type in the name of recipe, category or any ingredient to search my recipe database.
This website uses marketing and tracking technologies. Opting out of this will opt you out of all cookies, except for those needed to run the website. Note that some products may not work as well without tracking cookies.Opt Out of Cookies