For a family that loves banana bread, everyone goes NUTS for this! A rich and moist banana bundt cake, studded with pecan pieces and drizzled with a warm maple glaze. Heavenly!
BUNDT CAKE SECRETS:
1 banana cake mix
1 (3 oz.) box instant banana pudding
½ cup vegetable oil
½ cup water
4 eggs (room temperature)
1 cup sour cream (room temperature)
1 tablespoon pure vanilla extract
1 teaspoon maple extract
1 cup chopped pecan pieces
3 tablespoons butter
3 tablespoons brown sugar
¼ cup pure maple syrup (not pancake syrup)
3 tablespoons half & half
1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
2 cups powdered sugar, sifted
½ cup chopped pecan pieces
HOW I MAKE THIS:
1. Set the eggs and sour cream out to warm up to room temperature.
2. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
3. Prepare Coffee Cake: In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with a blade or whisk attachment, whisk together the dry cake mix and pudding mix. (You can also prepare this cake in a large bowl and use an electric hand mixer.)
4. Add in the vegetable oil, water and eggs, beat on medium speed until well blended (about two minutes). Scrape down the sides of the bowl. Add in the sour cream, vanilla and maple extracts and beat on medium speed, scraping down the sides and bottom of the bowl as necessary just until well blended (about an additional minute). With a spatula, stir in the chopped pecans.
5. Spray the entire inside of a 9 or 10-cup bundt pan generously with non-stick baking spray.
6. Immediately pour the cake batter evenly into the prepared pan and gently smooth the top evenly with a spatula. Bake for 15 minutes; then reduce oven temp to 325 degrees and continue baking for an additional 35-40 minutes, or until the top is golden and a toothpick inserted into the cake comes out clean with just a few lightly moist crumbs. This is a moist and heavy cake so don't be alarmed if it takes a little longer in your oven.
7. Remove from the oven and allow to cool for 10 minutes inside the pan. Invert onto a large platter, and cool to room temperature. Place in an airtight container as soon as it is cooled to retain moisture in the cake (I also like to wrap the cake in plastic wrap if serving the cake the next day). Bundt cakes are one of those rare baking creations that are actually moister and more flavorful if you make them a day ahead of time!
8. Prepare the Maple Glaze. In a microwave-safe medium bowl, stir together the butter, brown sugar, pure maple syrup and half & half. Cook on high power for 1 minute; remove from microwave and whisk well, then return to microwave and cook for another 30 seconds on high. Stir in powdered sugar, vanilla and maple extract. Whisk together until smooth, shiny and lump-free. Drizzle Maple Glaze over coffee cake just before serving and sprinkle with additional chopped pecans.
9. Store leftover cake in an airtight container at room temperature for a couple days and/or in the refrigerator for up to 5 days.
YIELD: 12-16 servings
© SnowflakesandCoffeecakes. All images, attachments & content are copyright protected unless otherwise indicated. All rights reserved. Please do not use my images without prior permission. If you want to republish this recipe, please re-write the recipe in your own words, or link back to www.snowflakesandcoffeecakes.com for the recipe.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE...
I'm Mama V and I am so happy you stopped by to visit! This is the place to find family favorite and kitchen-tested quality recipes, along with photographs and tips to give you the confidence to cook and bake from scratch.
You'll find a complete recipe index on the Recipe Collection page or you can use the Recipe Collection dropdown feature to see a visual recipe index by category. If you are looking for something special, the Search function will easily locate your favorite recipe or ingredients. Enjoy - and stop by often!
LOOKING FOR SOMETHING SPECIAL?
Type in the name of recipe, category or any ingredient to search my recipe database.
This website uses marketing and tracking technologies. Opting out of this will opt you out of all cookies, except for those needed to run the website. Note that some products may not work as well without tracking cookies.Opt Out of Cookies