BANANA BUNDT CAKE
The only thing that might be better than old-fashioned Banana Bread is homemade Banana Bundt Cake! Moist and tender banana cake with a buttery brown-sugar and vanilla bean flavor and a perfect crumb. I top with Vanilla Bean Buttercream for special occasions, or drizzle with a simple Brown Sugar Glaze. SO GOOD for a lazy breakfast or a simple dessert for a family dinner, or topped with sprinkles for a baby shower or springtime party!
This recipe produces a perfect Banana Bundt Cake. After trying lots of recipes, I've discovered the best ratio of ingredients to bake a moist, dense and flavorful banana cake. With simple and wholesome ingredients, this recipe will be your new favorite too! To prevent a ruined bundt cake, follow the baking time and temperature closely!
SIMPLE & FRESH INGREDIENTS:
BUNDT CAKE SECRETS:
Banana Bundt Cake:
3 cups all purpose flour
2 teaspoons baking soda
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter (softened)
1 cup granulated sugar
2/3 cup light brown sugar
2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract or pure vanilla bean paste
2 large eggs (separated and at room temperature)
1 3/4 cups mashed very ripe bananas (4-5 bananas)
1 cup sour cream (room temperature)
Vanilla Bean Buttercream:
¾ cup unsalted butter (softened to room temperature)
3 cups (310g) powdered sugar
¼ cup heaving whipping cream or half & half
½ tablespoon vanilla bean paste
1/8 teaspoon salt
Brown Sugar Icing:
1/4 cup unsalted butter
1/2 cup brown sugar packed
2 tablespoons milk
1/4 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
3/4 cup powdered sugar
1/4 cup chopped toasted pecans
HOW I MAKE THIS:
1. Remove butter, eggs and sour cream from refrigerator and soften to room temperature.
2. PREPARE BANANA BUNDT CAKE: Preheat oven to 325°F.
3. In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt. Set aside.
4. With a hand mixer or stand mixer fitted with a paddle attachment, cream butter on medium speed for 2 minutes. Add sugar, brown sugar and vanilla, beat until pale and fluffy, about 4 minutes. Add egg yolks and mix just until combined. Blend in mashed bananas and sour cream – the mixture may curdle, but that’s okay!
5. In a small mixing bowl with a hand mixer, whip egg whites until stiff peaks form; set aside.
6. Add half of the dry ingredients, mixing on lowest speed just until blended; add remaining flour mixture and mix just until blended. Using a spatula, gently fold in the whipped egg whites to the batter.
7. Now is the time to thoroughly spray a 10-inch (12-cup) bundt pan with non-stick BAKING spray (I find that this works better than greasing and flouring all the crevices in a bundt pan and makes the cake easier to remove without leaving parts of it stuck in the pan; if you spray the pan too early, the oil will slide down the sides to the bottom of the pan – you want the bottom and sides evenly coated before you pour the batter in the pan.) Pour the cake batter evenly into the pan, smooth the top.
8. Bake for 45 minutes, then loosely cover the pan with foil and continue baking for an additional 20-25 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
9. Remove from oven and allow to cool on a wire rack for 15 minutes, then invert cake and allow to cool to room temperature before frosting or glazing.
10. PREPARE TOPPING:
YIELD: 14 servings
Originally posted February 2010; revised & reposted March 2019.
© SnowflakesandCoffeecakes. All images, attachments & content are copyright protected. All rights reserved. Please do not use my images without prior permission. If you want to republish this recipe, please re-write the recipe in your own words, or link back to www.snowflakesandcoffeecakes.com for the recipe.
FOR MORE NEW RECIPES, FOLLOW ME ON
I'm Mama V and I am so happy you stopped by to visit! This is the place to find family favorite and kitchen-tested quality recipes, along with photographs and tips to give you the confidence to cook and bake from scratch.
You'll find a complete recipe index on the Recipe Collection page or you can use the Recipe Collection dropdown feature to see a visual recipe index by category. If you are looking for something special, the Search function will easily locate your favorite recipe or ingredients. Enjoy - and stop by often!
LOOKING FOR SOMETHING SPECIAL?
Type in the name of recipe, category or any ingredient to search my recipe database.
This website uses marketing and tracking technologies. Opting out of this will opt you out of all cookies, except for those needed to run the website. Note that some products may not work as well without tracking cookies.Opt Out of Cookies