- Underbake the cookies - they will sit on the baking sheets after leaving the oven, and will continue to cook and darken in color as they sit.
- Add cornstarch! You'll be amazed at the difference cornstarch will make to cookie dough. It helps your dough remain more compact during the baking process, leaving the cookies soft, thick and puffy.
- Use more brown sugar than white sugar. Cookies made this way are moist and remain softer over time, due to the molasses in the brown sugar. Brown sugar also gives the cookies a more chewy (less crispy) texture.
- Chill the dough overnight before baking. The cookies will spread less in the oven and bake up much thicker when the dough is chilled.
- Line your baking sheets with parchment paper or silicone mats. It really does make a difference!
You can also add different types of chocolate chips, sno-caps, and your favorite nuts to the mix, to create your favorite soft and chewy chocolate chip cookie.
What's your holiday favorite cookie? Hope you love these as much as we do!